INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
As a first step, the college had started the process of preparing to reconstitute the IQAC according to the revised guidelines provided by the UGC in October 2013 under the XIIth plan from 2014-15 sessions under the guidance of the Principal, Dr. Shamsuzzaman Ahmed. The IQAC in its present structure started functioning from the session 2014-15 under the leadership of Dr. Shamsuzzaman Ahmed who took the helm of affairs from June 2014.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
*Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
* Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
*Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
* Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
*Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
* Organising orientation programmes for Staff and Administrative Staff.
* Springboard – A Leadership Programme for Quality Circle members.
* Administering Feedback Mechanism for the College.
*Dissemination of information through national Survey on Higher Education All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
* Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
* Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
* Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
* To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
* To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
* To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
* To act as a change agent in the institution.
* To better inter communication.
The following is the present composition of the IQAC :
Dr. Shamsuzzaman Ahmed, Principal, Chairperson, IQAC
Sri Babin Kumar Pattanaik, Assistant Professor, Coordinator/member Secretary ,IQAC
Dr. Abdul Kader Ahmed, Associate Professor, Member, IQAC
Dr. Debaprasad Panda , Assistant Professor, Member, IQAC
Dr.B.M. Uzzal Afsan, , Assistant Professor, Member, IQAC
Prof.Emili Rumi Assistant Professor, Member, IQAC
Prof.Indranil Saha , Associate Professor, Member, IQAC
Sri. Satadal Bhaskar, Senior officials, Member, IQAC
Dr. Priti Kumar Roychoudhury, Local Community, Member, IQAC
Mr. Utpal Majumder, Local Community, Member, IQAC
Sri Babin Kumar Pattanaik
Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj - 742123.
Tel: 91+ 9434164150
Email: [email protected]